Back-To-School Health Fair At Huntington Mall Saturday, Aug. 9
Start the school year off right!
Sending children back to school healthy can help get their school year started right, so the Hoops Family Children’s Hospital at Cabell Huntington Hospital and Cabell Pediatrics are hosting a free event offering health information and screenings. School-age children are invited to the Huntington Mall’s Center Court Saturday, August 9, from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. for events and activities that include:
- Tips for kids and parents to pack a healthier lunch, with free nutritious lunch samples to taste
- Free children’s screenings for vision, scoliosis, blood pressure and more
- Q & A with Dr. James Bailes, pediatric endocrinologist with Cabell Pediatrics, discussing diabetes, obesity and general health concerns for children
- An interactive fitness course from Kids In Motion to help children learn to enjoy physical activity
- Q & A with the staff of the Pediatric Rehabilitation Department at the Hoops Family Children’s Hospital about questions parents may have
- Family safety tips from the Trauma Department at Cabell Huntington Hospital
- Information about children's sports injuries and growth issues from Marshall Orthopaedics physicians and staff
- Immunizations from the Cabell-Huntington Health Department, including Hepatitis A, Hepatitis B, DTaP (Diphtheria, Tetanus, Pertussis), Rotavirus, Hib (Haemophilus influenza type b), Pneumococcal, Inactivated Poliovirus, MMR (Measles, Mumps, Rubella), Varicella, Meningococcal, HPV (Human Papillomavirus) and Tdap. Immunizations are free, but a parent or guardian must be present for children under age 18 and they should bring a shot record.
Some back-to-school supplies will be given and registered participants will be eligible for a drawing for a $250 Huntington Mall gift card. For more information please call 304.399.6742.